Emily Robinson Farnsworth’s Millinery Shop
The building south of [Eben F. Richardson’s house on Main Street in Southwest Harbor] was built about 1870 by James Robinson from lumber which had been part of his smokehouse on the shore. His daughter, Emily, afterward Mrs. Alton E. Farnsworth, had a millinery and dry goods store in the front part and Mr. Robinson sold groceries in the rear. For several years Mrs. Farnsworth was postmistress and had the post-office in her store." - “Traditions and Records of Southwest Harbor and Somesville, Mount Desert Island, Maine” by Mrs. Seth S. Thornton, p. 155 - 1938.
Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/daus/domains/swhpl/application/views/helpers/Shortcodes.php on line 51