Charles Morrill started his career in computers in 1958 and did early work on computer-aided design, specializing in automatically programmed machine tools. He worked at IBM on projects for GE and Boeing Aircraft. After he and Charlotte retired to Southwest Harbor in 1982 he volunteered for the library. He was Vice Chair of the Southwest Harbor Public Library Board and oversaw the building addition in 2000. He spent several years consulting on digital problems for the library and for friends and businesses in Southwest Harbor.